Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Sunday 31 October 2010

Blogging NaNoWriMo 2010: Impending Doom

Today I went to the second of our regional kick-off parties.

This one was a little more sedate, had an intimacy that the terrifying Leeds gathering lacked. It helped that I had a terrific friend there with me, whom it was said I was 'glued to' for the duration. That's not exactly a lie but it's not exactly a bad thing either. I think I pretty much spoke to everybody else there and I'm pleased with that result. There were certainly some interesting novels in preparation which I'd happily read if they get published.

So now onto the main event.

There are just over three hours before NaNoWriMo 2010 kicks off in the UK. The buzz I got from the meet-up earlier spurred me into finishing my first chapter plan on the train journey home. So it's seven lengthy chapters to write. Seven character studies, seven individual perspectives on the world. And when I say it like that I persist in scaring myself.

I've got so much to accomplish this November. I'm editing the novel I wrote this time last year for the fifth time. I'm getting to grips with my Ph.D, trying to participate in various online things and... oh, yes... being a human being. With sleep and everything.

It's going to be an interesting thirty days. Here we go!

No comments: