Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Two Classic Film Events I'm Participating In

Just wanted to draw your attention to these two excellent events that I'll be participating in during the coming months. The first is the annual writing contest hosted by Film-Classics.com. There are four categories to choose from (and only thirty writers slots available) but I'm probably going to end up in the 'Film Review' category. I could tell you what my topic is but then I'd have to kill you. It's going to be new and in-depth though! The deadline for submissions is 27th July but the judging is a fairly rapid turnaround - well done to them for that!



The second event is the 'What a Character!' blogathon hosted by a trio of sites. This is an event dedicated to those unsung heroes of Hollywood, the character actors whose names have largely disappeared from the Hollywood dictionary. My topic for this one is the marvellous Majorie Main and I'm looking forward to writing about her in three of my favourite films! The schedule on this one is a little more spaced out - the actual blogathon takes place in September so there's still plenty of time to get in on this one if you want to.



I'll keep you posted on how I get on with these but I'll looking forward to reading some fantastic entries about my favourite eras of film.

No comments: