Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Blogging NaNoWriMo 2012: Barely On Track

Well, my little 'holiday', if you can call it that, was a bit of a mixed bag as far as writing went. I had a couple of days of excellent productivity (2750 and 2500 words) but they were making up for the days I wrote a little but not a lot. It was a good job I'd built a little cushion into my plan or I'd be lagging too far behind to make catching up a viable option. As it happened, I managed to persevere yesterday, writing 2500 words and bringing my word count up to what it should've been last night - 20,000 words.

So I'm technically on track but it doesn't feel like it. I only have two more chapters planned and the ones after that are going to be extremely complex. Not only am I juggling an overarching storyline and my romance plot, my 'little' characters have sprouted wings and are trying to take over the novel. Keeping up with them is proving difficult. Above all, I need to get my next three chapters planned but that involves thinking about how the consequences of these developing strands are going to affect the rest of the novel. I have to work out who's going to, erm, die and who isn't. I have one definite but I'm growing far too attached to the rest.

Actually, as I've been typing this I've had another good idea. Well, I think it's a good idea. At this point I'll take any idea going: good, bad or somewhere in the middle.I just need to collect them and keep going. I'll feel better once I'm over the halfway point. It's all downhill from there.

No comments: