Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Blogging NaNoWriMo 2013: Other November Commitments

As regular readers will know, I shouldn't really be doing NaNoWriMo at all this year given how frazzled I am with my PhD. But I've never been one for backing away from a challenge, when it involves my brain anyway. General PhD work will have to fit alongside these 50,000 words but that isn't the limit to the 'distractions' I have in November...

  • Saturday 2nd - I'm babysitting for my nieces. This could work to my advantage if the little angels go to sleep though...
  • Sunday 3rd - In the afternoon I'm seeing the second screening of Merrily We Roll Along. Given that when I saw it on stage in London it made me cry lots, I may be useless for the rest of the day. 
  • Thursday 7th - Supervisor meeting in Sheffield. These trips always leave me in a heap.
  • Saturday 9th - Wilkie Collins study day with the VPFA down in London. Up at six in the morning, not back till ten at night. 
  • Sunday 10th - Meal round at my brother's. 
  • Friday 15th - Deadline for essay rewrites, also going down to Birmingham for a few days where very little writing will be allowed to occur.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I expect the month to get busier as it goes on. I'll probably have another supervisor meeting towards the end of the month and the work associated with that. 

My plan to get ahead with NaNoWriMo begins with my customary midnight start, trying to get a few thousand written in the early hours of Friday 1st. But if I fall behind after that I suspect it'll be tricky to catch up. I'd better not fall behind. 


1 comment:

Debbie Coope said...

Ditto. Midnight at the ready. Good luck.