Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Reading Challenge: Chunkster Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Vasilly over here. There are no set levels for participation but you have to set your own number of books ahead of time and try and stick to it. A 'chunkster' counts as more than 450 pages in this challenge and e-books are allowed. It also says you don't have to list your books in advance but I know me - if I don't make a list and stick to it, I won't complete the challenge. I'm only going with five 'chunksters' for this. It might not seem a lot but it adds up to over 2200 pages so it doesn't sound that shabby. These are the five books:

  1. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell (464 pages)
  2. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte (608 pages)
  3. Kate: The Woman Who Was Katharine Hepburn by William J. Mann (532 pages)
  4. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens (530 pages)
  5. Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope (708 pages)

Poor Katharine Hepburn is a bit of an anomaly there, isn't she? But I have a sneaking suspicion that'll be my favourite from this list, although I have decent hopes for Mary Barton. Can You Forgive Her? will be my first Trollope so we'll see how that one plays out. Hopefully it'll all be cool... And porkies are flying past the window. 


2 comments:

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to this challenge! I think I'll start with London by Edward Rutherfurd.

CharmedLassie said...

That one takes 'chunkster' to the next level - good luck!