Contact me at lucyvictoriabrown@gmail.com because I'm always up for a natter about anything. Well, mostly.

Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 Reading Challenges Round Up

In 2014 I attempted two reading challenges - and I failed them both! However, it's been that kind of year all round so I'm trying to look on the positive side of things and say that at least I read the books from the challenges that I did.

Chunkster Challenge

My aim for this was to read five books of more than 550 pages and, in the event, I only managed three. However, that's still a lot of pages and I thoroughly enjoyed two of those three books. 
  1. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
  2. Kate: The Woman Who Was Katharine Hepburn by William J. Mann
  3. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens

TBR Challenge

Again, I failed miserably at this, only managing five out of my list of twelve books. On the plus side, two of those five made it onto my 'favourite books of 2014' list so I'm certainly glad this challenge encouraged me to get round to them. 
  1. Die a Dry Death by Greta van der Rol
  2. The Siege of Krishnapur by J.G. Farrell
  3. Room by Emma Donoghue
  4. London Lore by Steve Roud
  5. Quicksand/Passing by Nella Larsen

No comments: